As human beings, we’re all prone to feel stressful from time to time in our lives. And because of this stress we often face anxiety, which is a completely normal and natural reaction, especially at moments where you are facing certain challenges or being under pressure with having to make important decisions in life.
However, if your anxiety grows to an unusual extent for a much longer period than usual and remains consistent, that can take a serious turn both mentally and physically as it leads to anxiety disorders. While this too can be known to be common, it’s not something that should be ignored or unattended to. Here area few things you need to know about when it comes to anxiety disorders.
What are the types of anxiety disorders?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: also known as PTSD, this specific anxiety disorder is known to take place after a certain traumatic or threatening situation has occurred.
- Generalize Anxiety Disorder: this takes place within those who feel troubled often and have the consistency of worrying too much that it affects their daily routine, tasks and activities.
- Panic Disorder: panic disorders such as panic attacks are known to take place due to the presence of anxiety. People with panic attacks often fear the possibility of it happening again.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: be it stage fright, shyness or consciousness of being viewed in a bad manner by others, social anxiety disorder can be triggered when amongst people and can also be considered as a phobia.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder: while being separated from the one you love can be a tough time, it could also lead to a sense of anxiety be it in kids or adults. This would have certain effects in their day-to-day activities.
- Phobias: as human beings, it’s completely natural to have certain fears, be it of things or situations. However, extreme sense of such fear could lead to anxiety disorders taking effect.
When should you seek help?
Just like you would choose to seek professional help the minute your flu or any other sickness gets worse, you ought to reach for help when you notice your anxiety seems to be reaching for the hills. There are also certain self-helping techniques that you can follow such as exercising, meditating, connecting with those close to you, etc.
However, these may not necessarily be a long-term cure if your anxiety disorder is beyond controllable. If you are based in Australia, you could easily get anxiety counselling services in Melbourne. With the appropriate help, you could face the core of your anxiety and steadily overcome it.
What are the commonly known symptoms?
Mentally some of the symptoms faced due to anxiety disorders are, irritation, difficulty concentrating, constant look out for harm or danger or feeling of dread. Whereas some of the physical symptoms are sweaty palms, headaches, pounding heart, difficulty sleeping and breathing, shaking, etc.
Ensure you take control of your anxiety disorders, before it takes control of you.